Even the most experienced and careful drivers are not perfect. Everyone gets distracted at some point while they’re driving or doesn’t realize they sped up a little too much or didn’t see a stop sign. The problem is that with every moving violation, your costs of insurance rise, you can get points on your license or even have it revoked. A traffic lawyer can assist you in cases like these, but here at Jones, Childers, Donaldson & Webb, PLLC, we have come up with a few dos and don’ts for you to determine if your citation warrants hiring a traffic lawyer.
Do call a traffic lawyer if:
- You are charged with a DUI/DWI
- You feel the citation was unfairly or unjustly issued
- You are at risk of losing insurance or your license
- You will not be able to afford the increases in your insurance that the citation will cause
Don’t call a traffic lawyer if:
- You are looking for compensation for an injury (that falls under personal injury law)
- The citation will cost less than attorney’s fees and will not raise your insurance
- Your potential attorney is unfamiliar with the area or traffic laws
If you find yourself in a position where you feel you could use a traffic lawyer, these tips can help you make an informed decision. However, always be sure to do your own research! At the office of Jones, Childers, Donaldson & Webb, PLLC, we can help you navigate the ins and outs of traffic law and would be happy to talk with you about your case. Please give us a call today if you feel you need a traffic lawyer.